- Sunday, May 25, 2008: Reading at the People for Education Benefit at the Young Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto’s Distillery District .
- Friday, July 25, 2008: Summer Leacock Festival reading along with Scott Gardiner and Drew Hayden Taylor .
- Wednesday, September 24, 2008: Harbourfront Reading Series, a reading at 7:30 in the Brigantine Room at Harbourfront. I’m
honoured to have TBLP share the stage with Andrew Davidson and his debut blockbuster The
Gargoyle, and Fred Stenson and his new novel The Great Karoo .
- Thursday, September 25, 2008: Readings at the Roselawn, a talk and reading at the Roselawn Centre in Port Colborne.
- Sunday, September 28, 2008: Word on the Street – Toronto, a reading at 11:00 a.m. in the Great Books Marquee .
- Friday, October 3, 2008: Headwaters Arts Festival, a reading as part of the 4th annual Armchairs, Authors, and Art event, at 6:30 p .m. in Caledon, Ontario. I’ll be sharing the program with Joseph Boyden and Drew Hayden Taylor.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2008: Montreal for a day of media interviews including CBC, CJAD, CFMB, Radio Canada International, and a propular internet video magazine called WatchMojo .
- Sunday, October 26, 2008: Book signing and perhaps a few remarks and a short reading at the Chapters
Rideau store just east of Parliament Hill in Ottawa, from 11:00 to 12:00 noon.
- Sunday, October 26, 2008, 2:00 p.m.: Ottawa International Writers Festival, a reading and on-stage panel discussion on The State of Our Literary Culture (yikes!) with Stephen Henighan,
and Bill Gaston, moderated by Sarah Dearing .
- Monday, October 27, 2008: Ottawa Public Library, a free lunchtime public reading at the Main Branch that I assume
will start around noon.
- Wednesday, October 29, 2008: McMaster University Alumni Book Club, a reading and discussion starting at 7:00.
- Wednesday, November 5, 2008: Talk to a Toronto book club that has chosen TBLP as their pick this month.
- Tuesday, November 11, 2008: Gryphon Theatre Annual Authors’ Night, an evening reading in Barrie along with Ted Barris, author of many books on Canada’s
storied military heritage .
- Saturday, November 15, 2008: Breakfast talk at the Writers & Editors Network as part of their Speakers Series, at the Canadiana Restaurant
- Tuesday, November 18, 2008: A reading and talk at a McMaster Alumni “An Evening with the Author” event in Toronto’s funky Distillery District.
- Thursday, December 11, 2008 : A talk and reading at a private Toronto book club (Yes, I do book clubs too!)