The COVID 19 virus changed everything. Many literary festivals, book clubs, library readings, and other gatherings where I’d been booked to speak and read were, for very good reason, cancelled. While we’re slowly returning to normal, Covid 19 is not yet behind us. So this list of appearances is thinner than in other years. But it’s starting to change and public, in-person events seem to be on the way back. But it ain’t quite over yet, so stay safe.
- Monday, May 29, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: Meeting with a book club to discuss Operation Angus, Toronto.
- Thursday, June 8, 2023, 12:00 p.m.: A talk to a group in Stratford in support of a local hospice fundraiser, Stratford, Ontario.
- Thursday, June 15, 2023, 7:30 p.m.: A visit with a North Toronto book club to discuss The High Road.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: A reading at a fundraiser for more free arts courses and programming for under-represented communities in Thorncliffe Park, Toronto.
- Saturday, July 8, 2023, Time TBD: Participating in the Jabbawong Storytelling Festival, Manitoulin Island, Ontario.
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 11:00 a.m.: A talk about Operation Angus to the Alliston Probus Club, Alliston, Ontario.
- Thursday, August 3, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: A talk about A New Season, at an event organized by Bookmark bookstore in Charlottetown, PEI, venue TBD.
- Friday, September 15, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: Hosting the Friday night Meet the Authors event at the Stephen Leacock Medal for Humour gala weekend, Orillia, Ontario.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: A talk on A New Season, along with a reading, and signing at the Tweed Library, Tweed, Ontario.
- Monday, October 2, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: A talk about A New Season at the Badminton and Racquet Club, Toronto.
- Wednesday, October 11-Saturday, October 15, 2023, Time TBD: Appearing at Wordfest’s Imaginairium Festival in support of A New Season, in Calgary, Alberta.
- Friday, October 20, 2023, 2:30 p.m.: Leading a Humour Writing workshop at the Surrey International Writers Conference, Surrey, B.C.
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 10:00 a.m.: A talk about A New Season for the Ajax Probus Club, Ajax, Ontario.
- Thursday, November 2, 2023, 7:00 p.m.: An on-stage conversation about A New Season (and maybe a reading and even a little live music) as part of the Book Drunkard Festival, The Second Wedge Brewing Co., Uxbridge, Ontario.
- Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:00 a.m.: A talk, reading and signing at the Women’s Probus Club of Burlington, Burlington, Ontario.