The COVID 19 virus has changed everything. Many literary festivals, book clubs, library readings, and other gatherings where I’d been booked to speak and read have, for very good reason, been cancelled. So this list of appearances is thinner than in other years. But we’ll all be back when we’ve slayed the Corona Virus. Stay safe.
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: Meeting with a local book club in Toronto.
- Friday, January 17, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A talk, reading, and signing as part of the Nelson Public Library’s 100th anniversary celebrations, Nelson, British Columbia.
- Saturday, January 18, 2020, 9:00 a.m.: Leading a workshop on outlining your novel at the Nelson Public Library, Nelson, BC.
- Saturday, January 18, 2020, 1:00 p.m.: A talk and reading at the Slocan Library, Slocan, British Columbia.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A talk to a private book club in Toronto.
- Monday, January 27, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A talk and discussion at a private book club in Cobourg, Ontario.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 9:30 p.m.: Skyping in to speak to a humour writing class in B.C.
- Thursday, February 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m.: A talk, reading and signing for the International Women’s Association of Toronto, Toronto.
- Thursday, March 5, 7:00 p.m.: Interviewing novelist Joe Kertes on stage at the launch of his new novel, Last Impressions, Toronto.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 7:30 p.m.: Joining a book club via Skype to discuss Up and Down.
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 7:30 p.m.: A virtual talk and reading via Zoom for Halton Hills Public Library, Georgetown, Ontario.
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 1:00 p.m.: A virtual writing workshop, “Finding the Funny,” via Zoom for gritLIT, Hamilton, Ontario.
- Saturday, May 23, 2020, 1:30 p.m.: Speaking via Zoom to the 60th Annual Banff Book Discussion gathering about The Best Laid Plans.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 1:00 p.m.: A virtual Zoom talk to the Fairview Library Book Club, Toronto.
- Friday, June 12, 2020, 11:00 a.m.: An interview about the writerly life on CHIN radio in Ottawa and Toronto with Sergio Marchi, former federal Cabinet Minister.
- Wednesday, July 22, 12:00 noon: A Zoom discussion of Albatross for the Hamilton Public Library, Hamilton, Ontario.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 6:30 p.m.: A Zoom talk for the Wasaga Beach Public Library.
- Thursday, August 13, 2020, 1:00 p.m.: A Zoom discussion about Albatross for the YMCA’s Bright Spot Book Club.
- Monday, August 24, 2020, 2:00 p.m.: Virtually joining a Deer Park Library book club to discuss The Best Laid Plans.
- Thursday, August 27, 2020, 10:00 a.m.: A virtual visit to a book club in Huron Bruce, Ontario.
- Monday, September 14, 2020, 7:30 p.m.: A virtual visit to a book club in Toronto.
- Saturday, September 26, 2020, 3:30 p.m.: Moderating a virtual reading and talk by Morgan Murray about his debut novel, Dirty Birds, at Word of the Street, Toronto.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A Zoom visit to a book club to discuss The Best Laid Plans.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020, 4:45 p.m.: Virtual keynote talk at a Northern Alberta conference of public libraries called Stronger Together.
- Thursday, October 8, 2020, 8:00 p.m.: Participating in an online Eden Mills Writers’ Festival Zoom panel discussion of Thomas King’s new novel, Indians on Vacation.
- Friday, October 16, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A Zoom visit to a book club to discuss The Best Laid Plans.
- Thursday, October 22, 2020, 10:00 a.m.: A Zoom presentation for the South Coast Probus Club.
- Thursday, October 22, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A Zoom talk about Albatross for the Blue Mountains Public Library.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2020, 6:00 p.m.: A Zoom interview with Angela Misri on the release of her new novel, The Detective and the Spy.
- Saturday, November 7, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: Participating on a Zoom panel at the Wordstock Sudbury Literary Festival, Sudbury, Ontario.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 10:00 a.m.: A Zoom talk to the Retired Women Teachers of Ontario, North Peel Branch.
- Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:00 a.m.: A Zoom call to the Waterloo Public Library book club to discuss Albatross. Waterloo, Ontario.
- Friday, November 20, 2020, 3:30 p.m.: A Zoom session with the interns of the 2020 Ontario Legislature Intern Program in Toronto.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A virtual Zoom talk to the Muskoka Authors Association about Albatross.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 7:00 p.m.: A Zoom session with an Ottawa-area bookclub to discuss The Best Laid Plans.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 2:30 p.m.: A Zoom visit to a bookclub in Hamilton to discuss Albatross.